We use a high barrier film that is non-recyclable to ensure our products maintain their high quality throughout shelf life. This specific film prevents our bars and nut butters from oxidizing. We're always keeping tabs on this technology and hope to make the transition to recyclable packaging in the near future. Please note which parts of RXBAR products are recyclable at this time:
- RXBAR, RXBAR Layers, RXBAR Minis, RXBAR Plant, and RX Kids wrappers are not recyclable but if you buy any of our products by the box, the paperboard boxes are.
- RX Nut Butter pouches are not recyclable but the paperboard boxes that hold the pouches are.
- RX Nut Butter jars, once cleaned, are recyclable. The lids can be recycled through some curbside programs.
- RX A.M. Oats cup's and cup labels are recyclable. Please remember to rinse and separate before recycling.
- RX A.M. Oats Packets are not recyclable but if you buy any of our products by the box, the paperboard boxes are.
- RX Cereal box is recyclable but not the plastic bag inside.